Pages

Review: L.A Girl Glazed Lip Paint

11.9.14



Hi Guys! After watching all my fav beauty gurus rave about how good these were I decided to hop on the wagon and try these for myself. Keep reading to find out how they went for me!




I'm just going to start off by saying I purchased these from ikatehouse. As an Australian I know how difficult it is to get USA products shipped over here at a decent price. Before coming across this I searched around and found that most of the other sites either had a ridiculous price tag on it, or did not ship internationally.  Shipping was only $13 for me and it came within 1-2 weeks. (Which is quite fast in my opinion)

A lot of reviews I've watched/read have compared these lip paints to either the Too Face Melted Lipsticks, or the OCC Lip Tars. Sadly I don't have my hands on either (Melted is wayyyy too expensive and aus does not stock OCC) so I can't do a comparison or point out the similarities. But hopefully my review will be just as informative.



Price: $4 (USD)

Claims:
L.A Girl claims that the Glazed Lip Paints give an intensely pigmented appearance of a lipstick but with the ease and finish of a lipgloss. They provide long lasting, hyper glossy and ultra rich colour to lips, while the extreme bright colours cool and nourish lips with vitamin E and peppermint oil.

So it's basically saying it'll have the pigmentation of a lipstick but it's in a lipgloss form/finish, and it nourishes the lips with vit E and peppermint oil.


Now that all that boring stuff is out of the way, lets get into the review!
(P.S I'm soo sorry the swatches are blurry and I have no pictures of them on my lips, I just ran out of time today)






Overall I really like these lip paints. The only "con" I guess would be the fact that you HAVE to use a lip brush to apply it, otherwise you're either gonna end up having only half your lip covered, or a big mess aross your whole face.
The longevity is decent, I ate out with it and also went clubbing and it left a decent amount of colour on. It doesnt essesntuate the cracks in your lips and if you have a bit of flakes I think you'll survive with this on.

I give this range a 4/5 - only taking points off for the applicator. Would definately recommend this so please check it out!

P.S - As this post has been in my drafts ever since I recieved these in the mail (late July) and new colours have been added to the range since, I've just decided to do a seperate swatch post of the colours I end up purchsing


Until then,







No comments :

Post a Comment